11.13.2007

Bring your daughter...

Make sure that in reading this post you do not forget about Kerry's awesome re-telling of the first official METAL MONDAY!

Many of you have seen the movie Donnie Darko.
Some of you know that I enjoy that movie quite a bit.
However,
Few of you know that I ordered it on Amazon.ca from the toilet at work.

In moving we seem to have generated quite our fair share of cardboard refuse, so much so that the city won't take it unless it's properly bound with twine. Something we just don't want to do. So, in exercising benefit #3 of living so close to the church we decided to present the cardboard back to God, in the way of using the church's cardboard dumpster. A very hand thing to be near.

Speaking of garbage (heh), we have a dishwasher on our lawn. A dishwasher that predates out very existance at this house. We are guessing it came from somewhere in here, but none of us remember it and cannot figure out where it would've been from. So, I guess for now it's the marker for our haus (similar to Kristi's bike, the Pink Flamingo or the Pink Monkey), maybe it needs a pink paintjob. Well, what I am getting at with this story is on Thursday morning I heard the garbage truck and since we were discussing whether the garbage men would take it or not decided to watch from the bathroom I was occupying. So I looked through the blinds and watched the garbageman (I say that because he was a man) examine the appliance quite thoroughly, then look up frustratedly at our haus. I then acted on instinct and closed the blinds and hid up against the wall, from the garbageman!?! Why was I hiding, what was he going to do? Later talking to Mook, I found out that he was doing the same from his room and also hid from the murderous gaze of the man of garbage.

You know how you see alarm stickers on houses and you wonder whether they actually have an alarm? Well to put your mind at ease when you visit us, our sticker is a lie. Please don't rob us. We should also get a fake "Beware of Dog" sign.

I always like talking with people at dinner. It's a good time to talk. Especially about bodily functions and their weaknesses. The other day Mook and I had a great conversation about things that "go right through you" since I had been eating a lot of sunflower seeds around that time, and it was on my mind and in my...nevermind.

So my nephew has been quite the little talker (he's nearly three and lives in Sweden), and his new favourite thing to do is to inform my brother and sister in-law that they are running low on things, such as cereal. He's pretty much a food alarm.

If you could all keep my family in your prayers my grandfather (93) is not doing well. He went in for surgery last week to repair a blocked intestine and the surgery went fine but he suffered a heart attack pre-surgery. So they have him heavily sedated and aren't too optimistic about him recovering. It's tough for me. I've never had anyone as close as him die. So if you see me give me a hug, because chances are I could definitely use it.

In much better news. Mook S. Allen and I are going to be going to see Iron Maiden in Toronto on March 16!

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Caleb, you are the funniest man alive. Mook's okay too, I guess...

I plan to attack you with a barrage of totally overwhelming manly embraces at the soonest possible opportunity.

No hugs for Mook though. I don't want to be associated with him in case the garbageman comes back seeking revenge for his illicit window-peeping.

Amanda Bast said...

POOP!!!!!!!


hahahahaha

Luke said...

HEY!

i'll get you skyler!!!

haha i'm pretty sure the garbageman looked up and saw both of us staring out the window at him, at the same time!

teehee, poop

Annie said...

iron maiden?!?!????

JEALOUS! if they play 'hallowed be thy name' i will be ... just... SO incredibly jealous

Amanda Bast said...

"...to the SLAAAUUUUUUGHTER!!!"

(sorry, I forgot that in my earlier comment.)