11.05.2007

And then there were none

So this is the day. The day where all three of us now reside in the haus. Before I talk anymore about that though, I will finish up with some more goingson at the convention.

I had a person from WMB who knows me, come up to me and comment on the suit I was wearing the one day (the one I ripped the crotch of) and say "you look great, remember back when you used to wear those thrift shop suits?", little did he know I was wearing a thrift shop suit, just not a 50 cent one (I've moved up into the $15-20 range nowadays).

On the last ever the under 30 MEDA crowd was hanging out in a room at the hotel and the one girl decided that she wanted some wine but didn't want to go all the way to the lobby for it. So she ordered it from the fine Hilton room service folks, so a while later we hear a knock on the door and sure enough there's a service person with a single glass of white wine on a platter for her. The cost for such a lavish glass of wine? $15.23!

As you all know we set the clocks back an hour this weekend, so being the responsible individual I am I decided that before I went out for the night on the town that I would set all my clocks (including the hotel alarm clock). I then went out for the night to a jazz club. Returned. Then went to bed. I had a great sleep and even awoke to beat the alarm clock, feeling as though I had a sleep greater than what could be offered by the number of sleepable hours, but alas I had been pro-active and compensated for the change so I went back to bed, awoke to the alarm and took my time getting ready (as I had planned on arriving fashionably late to the buffet breakfast to take pictures well ahead of the Sunday service). I took the elevator down to the Convention level only to find it strangely quiet. Then I found the service folk putting away any remnant of the buffet, and heard worship music!? What could've happened? I had been so careful! As it turns out the Hilton has some way of getting all the clocks to change, so when I broke into it to manually change the time, I screwed with it and ended up getting up an hour later (I still have no idea how that worked). Grrrrrrrrrr.

I have a painted Mexican-esque border in my room. It's very nice. Kerry has matching glassware.

Ask Mook about the cat in his room :oD

Stay tuned for the date of the house-warming party and for my "best movies of 2007" night.

Come visit us. Email me for the address.

Whether you like soccer or not this link is pretty funny.

4 comments:

Amanda Bast said...

When we moved Kerry in on Sunday, I saw the border in your room and was confused. My mom said your mom said that she was going to take the border down in your room on Saturday, but I found it strange on Sunday to find a very "Caleb" border painted on your walls, especially since I thought your mom was removing it on Saturday.

That was long-winded.

What I really want to say is: Mook, why the lack of post-age??

Amanda Bast said...

p.s. I apologize for that atrocity of a sentence.

Annie said...

yeah. where is luke?

Luke said...

how do i add posts to this thing!?!?!