11.20.2007

Black Mondaze

Let us get the sad news out of the way. My grandfather died on Saturday just shortly after they removed him from life support. It was very tough but most of us stayed by his bedside until after he was gone. He was 93, he had been married for 63 years to my grandmother

If you're interested in the information for the memorial service, please let me know.

This past week for Friday night youth events we played Live Monopoly in which you roll dice and go around the neighbourhood "buying" people's houses (they know you're coming in advance, it would be funny though if they didn't). Our place was supposed to be Boardwalk and Parkplace (we needed to have each place be a colour). But sadly I couldn't make it so the oh so classy portable at the church was the expensive-blues.

Here are a couple of stories I was reminded of this past weekend:

My mother the boxer: My family was sharing all sorts of skipping school stories and so my mom told the story of when she skipped school to help her friend with her prom date. You see, her friend didn't want to go with the guy, and so she had my mom spend the day punching her in eye so she would have a black-eye and he wouldn't want to go with her. It didn't work. She just had a really redeye and he wanted to go. They're married now, well I don't know that, but it could've happened.

Steve vs. The Vatican: So my brother decided that he would take his girlfriend (now wife - from Sweden) to go and see Niagara Falls. It was a Wednesday and he figured there wouldn't be too many people. Except for a special visitor that was there that day. The Pope. So there was a ton of people there to see the Pope and get in my brother's way.

We got some mail today that was addressed to Swiss Chalet Fan, must be Luke, man that guy loves his chicken.

In addition to METAL MONDAYS we're entertaining the idea of having Black Fridaze.

The garbagemen finally stole our dishwasher, so if you come looking for our haus don't look for a dishwasher.

I got to stay at a Bed and Breakfast for the first time ever this weekend. So I think that once Kerry goes to Teacher's College Mook and I will open a Bed and Breakfast of our own called Brunch S. Allen. It's going to be awesome, and mostly be toast and cereal.

2 comments:

Amanda Bast said...

I'll come if it's gluten free.

Annie said...

sorry to hear about your grandpa, caleb. my dad's dad passed away a year ago yesterday so we've been thinking about him lately and missing him.

on a lighter note, you have some awesome stories... the black eye one... boy, i don't think i've hear anything better. hahaha