2.10.2008

Thus Begins Year Three or How Kristi put up with me for two years

Kristi and I had our two year anniversary this past week (yes I remember the day, it was Wednesday). I was a little afraid because there always seems to be weather-related obstacles that wreak havoc on my plans.

Last year the restaurant that I planned on taking her to (Thai Sun) decided it was too cold and decided to close, not that the weather was bad, in fact it hadn't snowed for days, nope it was just too cold.

So this year, I was hoping that nothing would go bad, so much so that I labelled my plans "fool proof". I took the day off (secretly - at least from Kristi, I had to tell my boss of course) and surprised her at work with two dozen roses (one half (pink) meaning friendship, and the other dozen meaning passion (red) to keep her good and confused about where we stand - hence the Facebook status of "complicated"), then we went out to East Side Mario's for lunch. Which was quite the ordeal in itself:

a. They put pepperonis on my pizza instead of pineapple, causing for a mulligan on the pizza.
b. I had to wait for my second bowl of unlimited salad because the container they keep it in (which is allegedly outside) was frozen shut/hobo-proof.

Then we were supposed to go out to a fancy restaurant for dinner (Benjamin's in St. Jacob's - of which I had made reservations for (under my real name) a month prior), instead it was too snowy to leave town, so we had to settle for Ben Thanh. It was strange to be at Ben Thanh that night because it was very empty, when usually one has to wait a long time to even be seated, and our food came ultra-quick.

I guess things turned out alright, but I am left with one thought. I think that we should change our anniversary to the summer. In fact I have started a petition to do so. With your support we can make change!

Many times when told that I got her something, Kristi would ask "Is it a pony?", well I got her a pony, well a grow-a-pony, but the thought is there. My days might be numbered.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Just because I feel bad about your ruined plans, I won't make any funny comments about "foolproof". :D Maybe Horace should get his own blog.
And no, we are not changing our anniversary. If you really want to, we'll have to break up and get back together in the summer.

Annie said...

Sorry Kristi, I signed the petition. I didn't know what I was doing, I swear! I was influenced into it by your boyfriend's wily ways.