12.30.2007

Hermit

So with Christmas comes loneliness. At least it does if you're like me and your stupid housemates decide they want to spend holidays with their families (italics in this case indicate a snivelly, nasal tone reserved for mocking someone for choosing something pansy-like [ballet, let's say] over something manly-like [Ultimate Fighting, per se]). They chose family instead of chillin' like a villain with me at Casa Bairstowaway with me. So, here is the complete list of things I have done in my utter solitude these last two weeks at home:

*Cleaned my room
*Cleaned bathroom
*Vacuumed living room
* four loads of laundry (including bedsheets)
* Watched the entire Star Wars trilogy (not end to end, but in my proudest moment I spent the tail-end of Christmas Eve watching Return Of The Jedi after church. Stupid Ewoks).
* Thus inspired, played through and beat Jedi Knight II: Jedi Academy for X-Box (on Jedi Knight difficulty. I've only ever beat it on Padawan before).
* Played the longest game of online Scrabble ever with Paddy (it's been like the full two weeks)
* Learned how to play "Brick" by Ben Folds Five, "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson, and "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley on guitar
* Watched the Conan O'Brien 10th anniversary DVD my brother got me for Christmas
* Watched The Commitments
* Watched Ocean's Thirteen
* Watched various episodes of Scrubs and The Office
* Made a survey about "An Acoustic/Indie Christmas" on createsurvey.com and had fun cross referencing the results
* Wrote rambling blog about car thieves and why I stole thumbtacks from Zellers
* Made nachos
* Made Kraft Dinner (2x)
* Ate a whole box of Mini-Wheats
* Made banana-orange smoothies
* Watched and re-watched videos of "An Acoustic/Indie Christmas" so as to over-analyze my harmonies and facial expressions

I think that covers it.

9 comments:

k.burk said...

stop watching the videos!!!!

don't make me break that CD...

Lord Kerrance said...

LOL I suppose I should clarify that I've watched them three times: Twice the night I got them (once at Krista's and once as I was uploading them to my compy) and once last night. I certainly am NOT sitting in my room with them on repeat.

Unknown said...

You, me, both man,

Shame on me for not doing anything star wars related over the break

Amanda Bast said...

miiiiiiiiiiiniiiiiiii wheats wheats wheats I wanted vanilla for so long
mini wheats wheats wheats full of flavour you can't go wrong!

Amanda Bast said...

wait, I meant to type FIBRE not flavour.

The Leb said...

all I can hear right now are lightsabre sounds coming from the livingroom, it seems that Kerry has given up all forms of social interaction.

Lord Kerrance said...

I was going to type that "lightsaber" is spelled with an "er", not "re", but that kind of proves your point. Shoot.

The Leb said...

No no, go ahead. It's good for you to talk to others.

Annie said...

I always read these posts without checking who wrote them first assuming someone specific wrote them. I then get massively confused halfway through reading and then scroll down and check who really posted and everything comes together. It took me until the part about car thieves and thumbtacks to realize Caleb didn't post this. Yup.