4.28.2008

Why Does It Always Rain On Me? (or, The Week Fate Punched Me In The Junk)

So this has been something other than my best week. Last Sunday, On the last play of the last game of basketball at Lincoln Road, I took a hard pass off the tip of my right pinkie finger. This happens a lot, but hurts more than normal. I looked down to discover that my finger, instead of looking like an “l”, looks more like a “z”. I pop my finger back into place and it’s not broken, but doctor says I’m to be in a splint for two weeks (also, no more monkeys jumping on the bed). I should note that the week before I took a hard pass to the temple and was knocked out cold for ten seconds. I’m starting to feel like Mr. Glass from Unbreakable.

Then, this past Friday, I was at Out of the Cold at WMB. There I was, just talking to Steph and Pam as my guitar rested in a corner by itself. Suddenly, and for no discernable reason, my guitar tipped and fell forward, shattering the headstock. Unwarrantied! Unfixable! GUITARLESS’D!

Then today, I’m coming in to work from Conestoga mall and there’s a ginormous backup on King Street. Turns out that there was a huge power outage and the cops are having to reroute away from the area, car by car. I was worried at having to explain to the cop that I have to get through because I work in the affected area, and it turns out that the cop is Sniddy! I was still late though, so it counts.

I leave you with a picture of me and my guitar in better times. Mourn with me, please.


3 comments:

Steph said...

It still makes me very, very sad thinking about this. :( R.I.P. Mr. Ibanez. (Miss Ibanez?)

Kristi said...

Are you sure one of the Out of the Cold residents wasn't Caleb in disguise, rigging up a complex series of fishing wire to your guitar? Or maybe it was this guy

Annie said...

HAHAHAHA the video kristi posted is making me laugh.

Kerry, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible week. Hopefully something good will come out of it? Somehow?